Best Ontario No Deposit Casinos in 2023
There has been an explosion in online gambling for the past decade and there are several Ontario no deposit bonus casinos giving out (or claiming to give out!) plenty of free spins, bonus codes and other offers to Canadians. However, there's more than meets the eye with a lot of these offers (and indeed with a lot of casino operators!) and on this page, we bring you the various aspects of online casinos and bonuses that you should be aware of.
What Are No Deposit Bonuses?
As the name implies, a no deposit bonus is any offer or code that lets you play, wager and win real money off a casino's various games without needing to make a real money deposit. These are essentially two types:
Free Cash Codes
Many Ontario no deposit casinos give out free cash for use on the site's various games - this usually isn't much but can range from a modest $5 to a more generous $50 or even $100 in rare instances. These aren't truly free though as you will need to use this cash to make a minimum amount of bets (commonly known as 'Wagering Requirement' / 'Playthrough' / 'Rollover') before it is cleared for withdrawal.
Most Ontario no deposit bonus offers consist of a set number of free spins that can be used on the site's slots. These usually need codes to activate, though they are sometimes given automatically to new registrations. The spins are associated with a small value per bet (for example, $0.10 or $0.25 per spin) and any money won off the free spins are subject to wagering requirements before being eligible for a cashout.
How We Select The Best Ontario No Deposit Casinos and Bonuses
While almost every online casino will try and entice new customers with attractive free spins and bonus codes, it is important to take a holistic look at the site before signing up and grabbing these bonuses. Some key features to look out for are:
- Gambling License: A valid gaming license is absolutely essential for any online casino that you consider using. A lot of legit casinos are licensed from Curacao, while the most reputed and safe regulators are the ones in Malta (MGA), the UK (UKGC) and Gibraltar (GGC).
- Security Measures: Financial transactions are always at risk from unscrupulous characters, so the online casino that you choose should have adequate data safety and security features - look for the padlock symbol next to the site's URL and ensure that data transmission is protected by SSL encryption technology. Some of the safer sites also have comprehensive firewalls and independent security certifications.
- Fair Gaming: A genuine Random Number Generator (RNG) is essential to ensure game fairness. One way to ensure this is to check the games developers on the site. Reputed software companies such as Microgaming, Netent, and a bunch of others will have fair games for certain. Another way is to check for RNG certification, or independent audits of casino operations (such as those done by eCOGRA).
- Canadian Payment Methods: There's not much point in gambling if you can't get your money in and out of the site with ease. Look for sites that have a wide range of safe Canadian payment instruments (such as bank cards, eWallets, cryptocurrencies and pre-paid cards) valid for use in Canada.
- Fair Bonus T&Cs: Friendly and fair bonus terms is always a plus with any casino. Some Ontario no deposit casinos have unreasonably high rollover requirements or very short validity periods associated with their bonus codes which make the withdrawal of bonus money practically impossible.
- Customer Support: A good customer support team is imperative for a nice casino experience. All good casinos have 24/7 live chat and email at the very least, and some also have round the clock phone support.
- Games: The type and range of casino games (slots, table games, live dealer games, virtual sports, bingo, scratchcards and so on) is also important to have a good casino and bonus experience - ensure that the site you choose has hundreds of games from leading software developers.
New Ontario No Deposit Casino Sites Reviewed
We bring you the latest and most up-to-date information on all Ontario no deposit casinos in the market. New casinos understandably have better bonus offers and codes while they try and build their customer base, and we scour the market and review them vigorously before recommending them to you. Some top no deposit casinos reviewed on our site include Bodog Casino, Betway Casino, Leo Vegas Casino and Bitstarz Casino, among others.
How To Claim Your Ontario Free Spins or No Deposit Bonus
The method to claim bonus codes differs between casinos, but in general, these are the basic steps you should follow to get your free spins:
- Register an account (please give correct details while registering as you may be required to verify your identity to cash out funds).
- Validate your account by clicking the confirmation link sent to your email.
- Some casinos give free spins or cash without needing to enter any code - in such cases, head over to the 'Cashier' and you should see a filled up 'Bonus Balance'.
- If the free spins or cash were not automatically credited, go to the Cashier and enter the bonus code to redeem the offer.
- After the code is activated and free spins credited, head over to the slot on which the spins are valid - you can now wager your newly acquired free spins on these (or these) slots.
Why Claim A No Deposit Bonus?
There's almost nothing you can lose by using no deposit bonus codes. Some advantages of using these bonus codes include:
- This is a great way to try out a site for free. You can navigate through the various parts of the site and use the codes on specific slots and get a feel for whether this casino is right for you - a literal 'try before you buy'!
- You can win cash for free using these bonus codes. Although the terms and conditions mean that not everybody will end up winning real money, no deposit bonuses give you a free shot earning a bit of real cash while having a great deal of fun!
- If you are looking to familiarize yourself with a particular game, then bonus codes are a great way to try out real money wagering on a casino's games.
- There is no risk of losing any of your money while using free spins codes - it's as close to a free lunch as you will get.
Can You Win Real Money?
There is every chance that you can win real money using bonus codes in Ontario no deposit casinos. While the terms and conditions of the various offers mean that a lot of new registrations will not win anything (and those that do usually end up putting it right back into the casino!), you can always get lucky and win a small amount using the free spins codes, followed by a lucky streak that enables you to fulfil the wagering requirements and still have something left over to withdraw.
Top Withdrawal Options For No Deposit Bonuses
There are several options available for new players to cash out their bonus winnings. Provided the rollover requirements are met, here are some of the most common withdrawal methods used by Ontario no deposit casinos (note that some casinos require a small deposit from the chosen method before allowing cashouts to it):
- E-Wallets: This is probably the most commonly used payment instrument in online casinos due to its ease of use and speed. Common eWallets available to Canadian players include Neteller, Skrill and ecoPayz, while some sites also include Paypal and other e-Wallets.
- Credit/Debit Cards: The most commonly used mode of transaction globally, almost everybody owns a bank card and it is quite easy and convenient to deposit and withdraw to your VISA, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express, Diners or whichever bank card the casino supports.
- Prepaid Cards: Also a quick and fast way to deposit money into a casino, for obvious reasons pre-paid cards are not generally used for withdrawals. However, some casinos/card operators do allow for withdrawals but this is not usually recommended.
- Bank Transfer: This is another very safe and secure mode of withdrawal but usually takes a bit of time to withdraw (3-5 working days is the normal processing time with most Ontario no deposit casinos). However, it is very convenient as the click of a button results in money directly hitting your bank account, even if you have to wait a bit for it.
- Cryptocurrencies: Gaining popularity these days are transactions in popular cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin and others. The main benefits of this mode of withdrawal is the speed, ease of use and anonymity factors afforded by cryptos.
FAQs About Ontario No Deposit Casinos and Bonuses
While the number of Canadian no deposit casinos means it is easy to get confused by the various available options, here are some of the most commonly asked questions about online casinos and bonus code offers:
Does every casino offer no deposit bonus codes? Not all casinos offer no deposit bonus codes all the time. A few rare casinos have it running all the time, but most casinos will typically give out free spins codes during the promotion of a new game or during festive seasons.
Do I have a set time within which to use my bonus? Yes, both the free spins codes as well as the time required to complete the playthrough is generally limited. That said, some generous casinos do not set an eligibility period for no deposit free spins offers.
Do I need a code to redeem my free spins offer? Casinos are split between requiring codes or not in order to redeem bonuses. About half the casinos require codes to be entered to get the free spins, while the other half do not require a code and automatically credit all new players with free spins upon completing registration.
Can I hit a jackpot with a no deposit bonus free spin? Yes, you can hit a jackpot off a no deposit bonus code. However, you will be able to withdraw only a very limited amount as casinos typically set a cap on the maximum withdrawable amount from bonus winnings.
What is the difference between a cashable and non-cashable bonus? A cashable bonus means you can withdraw the bonus + winnings, while a non-cashable (or 'sticky') bonus means you can only cash out the winnings and not the original bonus amount.