There are several Ontario casinos offering free spins in the market today. Online gambling has been a steadily growing industry the world over, and online casinos count Canada as a key market. As a result, a lot of bonuses are geared towards Canadians. On this page, we detail the what, where, and how of free spin bonuses and games available in Ontario casinos today.
What Are Free Spins Casino Bonuses?
Ontario casinos regularly give out a set number of free spins to their customers that enable them to spin the virtual reels of online slot machines. True to its name, these spins do not require a deposit and are essentially free rolls of the dice for players. There are a few different types of free spins casino bonuses available to Ontario residents today:
No Deposit Spins
As the name suggests, these free spins are given out without the need for any deposit. Generally reserved for new registrations, this offers a good way for Ontario players to get a feel for real money betting on the site's slots. That said, there are terms and conditions attached to these free spins and the amount of withdrawable winnings as a result of these bonuses are not massive.
Free Spins with Deposit
Almost every site gives free spins to paying customers. As soon as you make a deposit, casinos tend to give free spins as a bonus which you can then use as free shots on the site's slot machines.
Match Bonus Plus Free Spins
All online casinos typically have deposit match offers (usually as part of a 'Welcome Package' valid on the first, or first few, deposits but also as part of reload bonus offers) where they match a player's deposit amount, and this usually comes with additional free spins as a cherry on top.
Existing Player Free Spins
Online casinos in Ontario generally give out regularly occurring free spins. For example, there could be a weekend offer, free spins on specific days, on the launch of a new game, and so on, to depositing customers.
Loyalty Free Spins
Regular customers are worth their weight in gold to online casinos and Ontario sites have no qualms rewarding loyal customers with free spins. These spins can be availed as part of their VIP program or on depositing/wagering a certain volume.
Bonuses are generally not free and come with terms and conditions attached to them, with 'Wagering Requirements' being the most common one. However, certain free spins in Ontario casinos are wager-free, meaning you can keep what you win off the free spins without having to fulfil the playthrough. These are normally reserved for regular players though non-wagering spins can be given to new players as well, on rare occasions.
Claiming Free Spins Bonuses At Ontario Casinos Online
Ontario casinos have straightforward procedures to claim free spins. There are a lot of no deposit free spins available to Canadians, across a large number of sites, and claiming the different types of free spins has different processes:
- Register and validate your account. Some Ontario casinos will immediately credit your account with no deposit free spins which are usually valid only on specific slots - you can head over to the slot where the game options will let you use the free spins.
- If you did not receive free spins automatically, check to see if the site has any no deposit bonus codes available. If they do, head over to the cashier and enter the code to claim your free spins.
- If you can deposit a bit, look for the casino's 'Welcome Package'. These offers will be available on the 'Promotions' page of the site, and while this type of bonus requires a deposit (which usually start from as little as $10), they have a decent number of free spins associated with it.
- The 'Promotions' page on Ontario casinos will also list regularly occurring free spins that are given out to paying customers.
- You can also claim free spins from the site's VIP program. If you have been a regular customer, your wagering would have accumulated points which you can redeem for free spins.
Terms and Conditions To Be Aware Of
It is very important to be fully aware of the terms and conditions of all bonus spins so that you can use them properly. Some key features common to all bonus spins in Ontario casinos include:
- Wagering Requirements: This refers to the minimum amount of wagering required off any bonus winnings before it can be cashed out. For example, if you won $10 off a free spin, and the site's wagering requirement is 30x, then the $10 must be used to make further bets totalling $300 before it can be withdrawn.
- Eligible Games: Free spins are normally eligible only on select games - in fact, no deposit free spins can usually be played on only one or a few slots only.
- Maximum Win: You can always win a jackpot off a free spin, but you will not be able to withdraw the whole thing. The T&C's of free spins have a maximum cashout limit for winnings. For no deposit free spins, this is usually capped at a small value, usually between $50 and $100.
- Bonus Expiry: Both the bonus spins as well as the wagering requirement must be fulfilled within a set time. Ensure that you are aware of the expiry period so that you don't miss out on cashing out winnings.
How We Review Casinos Offering Free Spins in Ontario
We go through dozens of Ontario casinos and review all their features in detail, including testing their games, Canadian online casino payment methods, bonuses, mobile app, and customer support before recommending a casino to you. Only casinos that pass our strict tests for playing from Ontario are selected and presented for our readers.
Mobile Casinos With Free Spins
All good Ontario casinos either have a native mobile app or have a website that is optimized for mobile gameplay, at least on iOS and Android devices. These apps normally have all features that are available on desktops, including bonuses and spins, and are more convenient and faster to play on.
How To Choose The Best Slots To Play With Your Bonus
When you have a choice of slots to apply your free spins on, consider a few things before narrowing down on the game you will play:
This term refers to how often a slot pays out. A highly volatile game won't pay out as often but when it does, it gives out much more than low volatility games.
Return To Player Rate
This signifies the amount that the game returns to players as a whole. For example, a 95% RTP means that for every $100 wagered on the slot, $95 is given back to the players.
The slot itself will have a lot of features that make it interesting and also offers ways to strategize while betting. Some commonly occurring features include:
- Wilds: This symbol can be used to substitute itself for any other symbol and is therefore very useful in completing paylines.
- Free Spins: While playing slots, you may win free spins as the prize for a particular spin - you can reuse these spins to play even more times.
- Multipliers: As the name suggests, this multiplies win amounts, so it's always useful to hit a multiplier while playing.
- Cascading Reels: Older slots usually had only one payline. However, newer video slots have a bonus feature in which you can re-spin the reel every time you land a winning combination, thus offering you a chance to win multiple times on the same spin.
Bet sizing is very important while making slot bets. This is important for bankroll management (i.e. don't use your entire balance on one bet!) and one should bet only a small amount, relative to your overall bankroll balance, per spin of the reels (the recommended amount per bet is 1% of your total bankroll, at most). You can bet on single or multiple lines, and bet sizes can start from as little as $0.01 per bet and go much higher from there.
FAQs About Ontario's Free Spins Casino Bonuses
While slots are usually simple and great fun, the increasing number of features these days can make it a bit complex. Given below are some common queries about bonus games and casinos that Ontario residents should find useful:
How frequently are players able to withdraw no deposit bonus wins? Not very often, but probably more often than you think. Depending on the wagering requirement, some Ontario players have been able to withdraw no deposit winnings recently.
Are online casino bonuses safe? Yes, as long as the Ontario casino you choose is licensed and regulated, the bonuses they offer will be legit and you can enjoy them with no worries.
What is considered a good RTP? The industry average for games in 95-96% so anything above that is decent. An RTP of 97.5%+ is considered very good.
Which payment method should I use? While different payment methods have varied pros and cons, eWallets offer the most convenient and quick deposit/withdrawal processes from Ontario.
What is a friendly wagering requirement? Most sites have wagering requirements in the 30x to 50x range so anything below that is decent. If you come across an Ontario bonus with a 20x requirement, that's a good deal.